1. How about a brief introduction of yourself?
Umm, my name is OneWingedAngel, I'm 20something girl who enjoys writing a lot! I want to become a published author someday!
2. Fabulous! And what got you into fanfiction to begin with?
Gosh, it's been so long that I can't remember anymore. I think I was watching Sailor Moon ironically and decided, I wanna write a story about it!
3. I see, so what kind of fanfiction do you like to write?
I like action/adventure, romantic comedy kinda stuff. Course sometimes when I write romance it tends to end up kinda cheesy but that's okay, sometimes we need a little cheesy in our lives.
4. Do you tend to write the same pairings/characters? Or are you a fandom whore?
Yes, for the most part. I have pairings that I love to write, mostly because I've written them so many times it's easier to get into the characters mindset. That being said, I do have some series in which I'm a fandom whore.
5. What is your more popular fanfic and why do you think people like it so?
Well on other sites, my most popular fic is "Love is Never Silent." I'm not exactly sure why people like it so much, I guess it's because I chose a pairing that's not exactly popular. I'm not really sure, to be honest. It could be any number of reasons, you'd have to ask them.
6. Forget other people, what is the fanfic you've written you're most proud of?
Of course, it's once again. Love Is Never Silent. I love FFVII and I love all the characters in the series. That and the pairing is just so darn cute!
7. Do you find writing easy? Hard? What are the most difficult aspects of writing you struggle with?
There are times when I do find it challenging, especially when I find myself constantly reusing the same words maybe 7 or 8 times in a single chapter, but the fun part is using the thesaurus to find new words to use! I also have trouble keeping my muse around when I need it, there are times when I want to write and am not able to, other times, I don't want to write, but I'm suddenly inspired with about 100 different ideas.
8. Write a few sentences of so of your favorite pairing or character.
Tifa laughed a bit, as she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. "So it looks like you find yourself something to do. Sorry for leaving you all on your own."
Rude shook his head as he took out the last remaining sub, he then stood up and stretched. "It's okay Tifa. It took me awhile to find a game that I enjoyed, but surprisingly, I enjoyed myself." He looked down at her, concerned. "What about you? Are you okay?" He asked, taking her hand.
Tifa nodded as they headed back down the stairs to the second level. "Yeah. I'm feeling better now. Although the machine might be out of commission for a few days…maybe a few weeks?"
Rude raised an eyebrow at her. "What happened to it?"
Tifa looked around nervously. "Umm, well that's the thing…it may have sort of broke…a bit…"
"It broke?" He asked as he looked over and saw several mechanics swarming around a certain machine, smoke was pouring out of it and it sent several sparks into the air as well. "Uh-huh."
Tifa blushed a bit as she looked down at her feet. "Yeah, it was the strangest thing. I was playing it and all of a sudden the screen just exploded!"
Rude raised his eyebrow again at her. "Uh-huh. And the screen didn't happen to explode because you punched it right?"
Tifa just smiled a bit, running her hand through her hair. "Hey, I've got a game for you to try out Rude!" She said as she quickly led him away and into a corner. "It's one you haven't played yet. You might enjoy it." She said as she sat him down in front of the game.
He looked up at them game and looked at her in disbelief. "Mog's House? This game is called Mog's House."
"Yup." She said as she inserted the gil. "Just try it Rude. It won't kill you to try it."
Rude rolled his eyes as the all too cheerful music started playing. "What the hell are you making me play Tifa? The music alone is going to give me nightmares."
Tifa just laughed and shook her head. "Just play it sweetheart."
Rude's mouth fell open. "What?! The entire point of this game is to hook him up with a female moogle? Tifa….."
Tifa laughing, gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Just play it Rude."
(I'm not sorry that it's more than a few scentences! It's one of my favorite scenes involving these two!)
9. Are there any fanfiction trends/clichés you can't stand or are just sick of?
Yes, there are quite a few of them.
1. Mary Sues, yeah I know I've written a few stories involving Mary Sues, but I'm going through and doing a lot of changes to those characters. It just annoys me to no end and it makes a story really boring and predictable!
2. When people write stories and dramatically change the characters personalities, so much so that they aren't even the same characters anymore. For example, I positively HATE Rude/Reno pairings, for the most part it's because of how dramatically they change Rude's personality. I personally don't think that there is anyway that Rude would be the submissive in that relationship!
3. I don't know if it's a really trend but I HATE when people write stories and don't spell check and/or use chat speak. It just annoys the living daylights out of me! How do you expect me to even consider reading your story if u tlk liek dis. Gahh! That gives me a headache! I know most computers nowadays have spell check, I know if I can't spell a word I usually go to google and type in the word and it corrects it for me!
4. The over used stereotypical love stories! Y'know the ones I'm talking about! The ones with the two characters who are complete opposites and then somehow they manage to fall in love, I've read a lot of those and they are all the same! Or how about the ones with two characters who meet and fall in love in the same chapter, extra points if they automatically fall in love at first sight! Come on, please use some creativity!
10. Are you guilty of any of the fanfiction trends/clichés you now hate? Or any other ones?
I do admit that I have been guilty of #4. But that was a long time ago when I first started writing. I also had a tendency to write Mary Sue characters, but as I stated, I've gone and changed all the stories to make the characters not so Mary Sue, or in the point of one story, just gotten rid of it all together because it was just too Mary Sue!
It was either Sailor Moon or Yu-Gi-Oh, I'm not sure which one. In the cause of Sailor Moon, yes! I still write Sailor Moon fanfics and am a big Sailor Moon fan! In the case of Yu-Gi-Oh, I think I might've burned myself out on it for the time being. Yes, I still do like the series, but I don't write any fanfics of it anymore.
12. Name your OTPs or most frequently written pairings/characters and explain what it is about them you love to write.
Surprise, surprise guess who is first on the list:
Rude/Tifa, they are my absolute favorite OTP! In fact, I have put most of my other stories on hold just so that I can give this pairing more support. If you need reasons why, see above!
Prof Oak/Mrs. Ketchum, I feel that this pairing doesn't get much love at all! I think that they are really cute together and would honestly make a very cute couple. I honestly can't explain why I love this pairing, I just do! It probably has something to do with the fact that I've been a Pokemon fan from the very beginning and they are two of my favorite characters in the series. That and there are so many other fics that mostly involve other characters that these characters seem to be forgotten as characters in the show.
13. What would you call your writing "style"?
Hmm. I don't know if I really have a style...I guess writing stories for pairings that don't get enough love would be my style if you can count that as style?
14. Do you read other people's fanfic? If so, what do you find yourself reading the most?
I do all the time! Hmm, I guess I find myself reading romantic comedies the most, followed by just humor, then action/adventure and finally if I'm bored enough, I'll just read straight tragedies.
15. Name one thing you'd LOVE to write, but have been too afraid or shy to do.
NC-17 stuff, I get really embarrassed to write the stuff. I don't know why but every time I write a few sentences, I find myself blushing so much that i glow in the dark and just close the story and walk away from it. Maybe I just need more practice in writing it. I love to read the stuff, but I can't bring myself to write it.
16. Do you have trouble taking criticism? Or worse yet, do you have the dreaded bloated ego?
Only when it's the flamers. I HATE the flamers. I get them a lot for my Rude/Tifa fics. Most of the people say that Rude and Reno are the only ones who belong together or that Cloud and Tifa are the only ones who belong together. If I wanted to write a fic with those characters, then I would! I happen to love that pairing and will continue to write about it! I hate when people criticize my work and have no respect for the pairing at all and just flame my story just because they can! It's a waste of my time and theirs cause when I get those kind of reviews, I just delete them right away.
I love when people criticize my work, as long as it's constructive criticism!
17. When you write, is there anything that helps? Music? Quiet room? Repairing toaster ovens?
I guess it depends on the story that I'm writing, for my current fic, I have a playlist that I listen to when I'm writing. Sometimes I'll either watch the movie or play the video game to get some ideas. It all depends on what series I'm writing for and the type of story that it is.
18. What inspires you?
Right now, it's Nobuo Uematsu who is my inspiration. His music for the Final Fantasy games is just amazing and very inspiring! I can close my eyes and just picture how my story is going to play out. I've also had my bf inspire me as well. Sometimes we'll just be talking and 10 minutes later, I've written almost an entire page of ideas!
19. Lastly, how would you sum up your fanfiction experiences and yourself as a writer?
It's been one interesting journey! I've written so many different types of genres and many more different series'! I find myself improving everyday as a writer because of it!
20. Tag some friends, because they'll have you for it.
I have friends?!?!?